EC Medical Group offers Southern California an innovative, minimally – invasive treatment that is part of the growing field known as regenerative medicine. Stem cell therapy utilizes adult stem cells to treat acute sports injuries and chronic joint, soft tissue, and disc degeneration. The procedure provides your body with the potential to heal itself naturally – without the need for surgery, steroid injections, or pain management medication.
- Do you have a nagging sports injury?
- Do you experience pain due to arthritis?
- Have you been told by other physicians that you have a joint that is ‘bone on bone’ and are a candidate for joint replacement surgery?
- Are you experiencing back pain and looking to avoid spinal fusion surgery?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, read on to learn if stem cell therapy in San Diego may have the potential to get you back to living an active, healthy lifestyle.
Platelet-rich plasma is your body’s blood plasma with concentrated platelets. Typical concentrations of platelets in PRP are 5-10 times that found in the blood. Platelets are small disk-shaped cells within your blood that contain natural sources of growth factors, proteins, and cytokines that stimulate the healing of bone and soft tissues.
PRP is made of many different growth factors that are all products of bloodborne platelets. This conglomeration of growth factors provides numerous ways of assisting in cell repair, including decreasing inflammation, improving cell growth, and acting as signals to the body’s immune system. Depending on the specific cytokines, numerous metabolic pathways aiding in cell recovery are activated.
- No risk of rejection – autologous stem cells is harvested from and reintroduced into your own body.
- Minimally invasive – stem cell treatments are minimally invasive, in strong contrast to traditional treatments such as joint replacement. The procedures are out-patient and performed in approximately 3 hours. Patients generally do not require any post-operative pain medication. Risks such as heart attacks that have recently been associated with the invasive character of hip or knee replacement are not present in stem cell treatments.
- Avoiding surgery – we have used stem cells to help many patients knee replacement or arthroscopy, find alternatives to back surgery such as spinal fusion or lumbar disc replacement, and avoid many other orthopedic surgeries
- Rebuilds your healthy tissue
- There is no need to consider the demanding recovery typical to surgery
- No general anesthesia – due to the minimally invasive character, only mild oral medications are necessary.
- No infectious disease transmission.
- Fast recovery – stem cell patients can return to work in 1-2 days and do typically not require bracing or crutches.
- Significant pain reduction
- Increased mobility